NicoleeK

NicoleeK

This is where I talk mostly about Young Adult and New Adult books. Thanks for checking out my reviews :)

Fallen Too Far (Rosemary Beach #1) by Abbi Glines

Fallen Too Far - Abbi Glines

Goodreads Synopsis: To want what you’re not supposed to have…

She is only nineteen.

She is his new stepfather’s daughter.

She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother.

But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father’s guilt money, his mother’s desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no.

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that…

Blaire just may have fallen too far.

Review:

I was wary going into this as it had gotten generally mixed reviews and I was unsure of whether I would like it or not but I decided to finally read it and give my two cents.

I’m going to start off by saying that I didn’t like this book but I didn’t hate it either. I did not like Rush, from the very beginning he was being so rude and just generally acted like an entitled brat. I don’t understand how Blaire could have liked him when he would be so hot and cold with her. Throughout the book he was also increasingly giving off a Christian Grey vibe as he would tell Blaire what to do, eat etc which was really frustrating and is a trope I do not appreciate in books.

Then there’s Blaire, I thought she would be this independent, sassy character who would be able to stand up to Rush but turned out to be the opposite. She would just let him tell her what to do which frustrated me to no end!

I only read on in the book because of the “big” secret about Nan which you could nearly guess yourself. Throughout the story this secret was being built up and then we found out what it was and it was like “thats it?” I was expecting this to be more about a forbidden romance but instead got this story that revolved around an overdramatised secret.

I read the first book in Abbi Glines ‘The Field Party’ series and loved it so I was expecting more from this series than what I got. I gave this 3 stars as I found Rush was way too controlling but it was a quick read as it only took me a few hours to get through. The story is nothing spectacular but keeps you interested to see how things work out. I did read the second book as the ending definitely didn’t feel finished so you can read my thoughts on that in my next review :)