NicoleeK

NicoleeK

This is where I talk mostly about Young Adult and New Adult books. Thanks for checking out my reviews :)

SPOILER ALERT!

Fire with Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian Review

Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn) by Han, Jenny, Vivian, Siobhan (2013) Paperback - Jenny,  Vivian,  Siobhan Han

Goodreads Synopsis: When sweet revenge turns sour… Book two of a trilogy from New York Times bestselling author Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian.

Lillia, Kat, and Mary had the perfect plan. Work together in secret to take down the people who wronged them. But things didn’t exactly go the way they’d hoped at the Homecoming Dance.

Not even close.

For now, it looks like they got away with it. All they have to do is move on and pick up the pieces, forget there ever was a pact. But it’s not easy, not when Reeve is still a total jerk and Rennie’s meaner than she ever was before.

And then there’s sweet little Mary…she knows there’s something seriously wrong with her. If she can’t control her anger, she’s sure that someone will get hurt even worse than Reeve was. Mary understands now that it’s not just that Reeve bullied her—it’s that he made her love him.

Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, burn for a burn. A broken heart for a broken heart. The girls are up to the task. They’ll make Reeve fall in love with Lillia and then they will crush him. It’s the only way he’ll learn.

It seems once a fire is lit, the only thing you can do is let it burn...

Review:

Okay this book was WAY better than the first! There was definitely a John Tucker Must Die vibe that I really enjoyed.

First things first, we all knew that Lillia was going to fall for Reeve, am I right? Yup saw that coming a mile away! Haha. I felt sorry for Reeve, he could be a real jerk but he was actually a good guy once you got to know him, so of course i fell for him too.

I was kind of confused about Alex and his relationship with Kat. Yes he was pining over Lillia but i thought from the first book that he also had feelings for Kat but nothing came of that? It was like the authors were going in that direction but changed their minds.

Things really hit the fan at the end…there was the big reveal, *spoiler* Mary was dead! I kind of suspected as much but I thought maybe I was jumping to conclusions as I couldn’t understand how Kat and Lillia could see her. That explains the powers though. And Rennie!! That was one turn of events i did not see coming!

This story is definitely out there but I really enjoyed reading it and can’t wait to see how things turn out in the next book.