NicoleeK

NicoleeK

This is where I talk mostly about Young Adult and New Adult books. Thanks for checking out my reviews :)

SPOILER ALERT!

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Hopeless - Colleen Hoover

Goodreads Synopsis:

Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.

Review:

This story was definitely an improvement on Slammed. I wasn't quite on board with the romance at the beginning as although I loved Holder, who doesn't love a bad boy, he did do some stupid things and acted quite intensely when it came to Skye. As the story developed and we found out more about their past though I became a fan.

I loved Skye's new best friend Breckin, he was so awesome! He gave her an e-reader with hundreds of romance novels downloaded on it for her birthday, I need him in my life! There were quite a few funny lines and scenes throughout the book which helped keep it light hearted. My favourite seen was when Holder and Skye competed to see how long they could answer questions with a question, Hilarious!

By the end of the story I felt like I was reading a completely different book! I was totally surprised when it turned out to be about a kidnapping. When Holder and Skye went to see her dad I had made some connections myself but I didn't make the connection that Karen was his sister! I was relieved that Skye still had someone from her family that cared about her.

Once we found out the truth everything just clicked into place, why she wasn't allowed a phone or watch T.V, why she was homeschooled, and why Holder was so protective over her. I did feel the ending could have been fleshed out more as we never found out what Skye told Six, whether she would have told her the truth or not. I would have also liked a chapter from a few months later when life was back to normal and Six was back. It would have been nice to see the new dynamic between Skye and Six as Six is no longer the only friend in Skye's life.

This story was definitely different to anything I had read before. It was full of laugh out loud, cute moments, but also heartbreaking with unexpected twists. I love Colleen Hoovers writing style as it just draws you in and makes an addictive read! I'm really looking forward to reading more of her books!