NicoleeK

NicoleeK

This is where I talk mostly about Young Adult and New Adult books. Thanks for checking out my reviews :)

The Trouble with Goodbye by Sarra Cannon Review

The Trouble with Goodbye - Sarra Cannon

Goodreads Synopsis:

One night can change everything…

Two years ago, Leigh Anne Davis shocked everyone in tiny Fairhope, Georgia when she broke up with her wealthy boyfriend to attend an Ivy League university a thousand miles away. At school, she finds a happiness and independence she’s never known.

Until one terrifying night takes it all away from her.

With no place else to go, Leigh Anne heads home to reclaim her old life. A life she worked so hard to escape. On the outside, she seems like the same girl everyone has always known. But deep inside, she’s hiding a terrible secret.

That’s when she meets Knox Warner, a troubled newcomer to Fairhope. His eyes have the same haunted look she sees every day in the mirror, and when she’s near him, the rest of the world fades away. But being with Knox would mean disappointing everyone all over again. If she wants to save what’s left of her old life, she has no choice but to say goodbye to him forever.

Only, the trouble with goodbye is that sometimes it’s about courage and sometimes it’s about fear. And sometimes you’re too broken to know the difference until it’s too late.

Review:

I enjoyed this book but felt the end left it down a lot for me.

Stories where the main character are hiding a secret just pull me in. I loved Leigh Ann's character and although she had been through a lot she learned to stand up for herself and what she wants. I can't begin to understand how people in her situation feel, especially once the media get involved. I wanted her to let Knox stand by her but understood her hesitation as the media would use his past against her, It was an all round sticky situation. Knox was just so sweet and supportive as he knew how hard of a decision it was for her which made me really love him.

Overall this was an enjoyable read, However the ending was really abrupt and rushed. I would have preferred to have seen how Leigh Ann dealt with all the media attention, how the trial went and the verdict. If the author had continued on and expanded the story it would have made the book a lot better as we could have gotten to know some of the secondary characters a lot more.

I gave it a 3/5 stars as although I enjoyed it, I did feel the author could have gone into more depth with the story as the ending was a bit up in the air for me.