NicoleeK

NicoleeK

This is where I talk mostly about Young Adult and New Adult books. Thanks for checking out my reviews :)

The Mistake by Elle Kennedy Review

The Mistake (Off-Campus Book 2) - Elle Kennedy

Goodreads Synopsis: He’s a player in more ways than one…

College junior John Logan can get any girl he wants. For this hockey star, life is a parade of parties and hook-ups, but behind his killer grins and easygoing charm, he hides growing despair about the dead-end road he’ll be forced to walk after graduation. A sexy encounter with freshman Grace Ivers is just the distraction he needs, but when a thoughtless mistake pushes her away, Logan plans to spend his final year proving to her that he’s worth a second chance.

Now he’s going to need to up his game…

After a less than stellar freshman year, Grace is back at Briar University, older, wiser, and so over the arrogant hockey player she nearly handed her V-card to. She’s not a charity case, and she’s not the quiet butterfly she was when they first hooked up. If Logan expects her to roll over and beg like all his other puck bunnies, he can think again. He wants her back? He’ll have to work for it. This time around, she’ll be the one in the driver’s seat…and she plans on driving him wild.

Review:

Elle Kennedy has gone and created another captivating story along with an amazing guy to fall in love with! Although I preferred The Deal, this novel was just as addicting.

So there's Logan, he's only drop dead gorgeous and star of the hockey team, need I say more? But there's also another side to him, he hasn't got the best home life as his father is a drunk but this lets us see how selfless and caring Logan is. No matter how much he hated it he was willing to put his future on hold as he felt an obligation to his family.

I loved his relationship with Grace and how honest they were with each other. The list of romantic gestures Grace had him complete in order for her to go out with him was also hilarious! He got some major brownie points for that!

My only issue with this book were the fact that Grace ignored Logan for 3 months instead of hearing him out. I know she was hurt but 3 months is a long time to ignore someone. It's also a long time for a guy to pine over a girl and honestly it would have made more sense if Logan had tried to get over her in that time, this made it slightly unrealistic which isn't that big of a deal but I did have to take away a star.

This book still made me laugh out loud and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I can't get enough of these hockey boys and am looking froward to the next book in the series.