NicoleeK

NicoleeK

This is where I talk mostly about Young Adult and New Adult books. Thanks for checking out my reviews :)

The Deal by Elle Kennedy Review

The Deal - Elle Kennedy

Goodreads Synopsis:

She’s about to make a deal with the college bad boy...

Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she’s carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush’s attention, she’ll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice... even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date.

...and it’s going to be oh so good.

All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he’s worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he’s all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn't take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn't going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.

Review:

Ahh finally a contemporary that isn't full of cheesy lines and cliche storylines! Elle Kennedy has fast become one of my favourite authors!

Okay let's start with Hannah....Can I just say how awesome she is and how much of a strong female character she is! Here she is after going through something so traumatic at a young age but she's over come it and doesn't let it stop her from living her life. This storyline is done a lot in contemporaries but never like this, Elle wrote about this topic in a respectful manner without having the female character appear weakened or destroyed by what happened but rather has come out the other side stronger.

Then there's Garrett, cue the fangirling! How could you not love him? He's another character that although has gone through a hard time in his life he has learned to put the past behind him. His cocky attitude and sense of humour made the story light hearted and gave some comic relief while also dealing with tough issues. I loved him and Hannah's relationship and their teasing nature, how it wasn't the usual love at first sight crap but that they actually built up to having feelings for each other. I also appreciated that Garrett knew there was a reason Hannah broke up with him and wouldn't let her go that easily.

This book was so full of laugh out loud, cute moments, and drama that gave me all the feels! I can't express enough in words how much I loved this story and would recommend it in a heartbeat. I can't wait to read the second book in the Off-Campus series!