NicoleeK

NicoleeK

This is where I talk mostly about Young Adult and New Adult books. Thanks for checking out my reviews :)

Always You by Kirsty Moseley Review

Always You - Kirsty Moseley

Goodreads Synopsis:

Riley Tanner has a best friend, the best friend a girl could ask for. He’s supportive, loyal, honest, trustworthy, kind, and thoughtful. He’s also the biggest player in school.

Their relationship has always been easy and affectionate, but after Riley’s month long vacation, things become a little strange. She starts to look at him in ways that go way beyond the ‘friend zone’. Add in her best friend’s rival, and things become a whole lot more complicated.

Review:

I'm going to try and review this without ranting...

This author does not know how to tell a believable story. The plots are all over the place with multiple storyline's mixed together that make her books complicated and cheesy.

My issue with this book is that I felt like I was reading a series in one single book. As she had multiple storyline's in the one book it made it very long winded and exaggerated. As was the case with her other book 'The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window' this had potential but again she tried to make the story dramatic and suspenseful but missed the point of sticking to one plot. She also switches POV randomly throughout the story whenever she feels like it which wouldn't be a big issue if there wasn't so much else wrong with her stories.

Her characters aren't very well rounded and to me seem very generic. In both of her books that I have read, she has had a nickname for the main female character which the love interest likes to use every single time they say their name: Liam calling Amber "angel" and Clay calling Riley "Riley Bear". Instead of this being a cute term of endearment it just became old and annoying. The author also goes overboard with the relationship aspect as there is a difference between the couple being overly cute and just plain soppy. I can take a little bit of cheesy romance in a story but her characters take it way too far. She also introduced new characters more than half way through the story but they were only ever in that one scene and never heard of again which made their appearance totally unnecessary.

There is a lot more I could say about this book but I don't want to spoil it for those who want to read it. I gave it a 2/5 stars because as I said it had potential but it just fell flat for me. I can honestly say I won't be picking up another one of her books.