NicoleeK

NicoleeK

This is where I talk mostly about Young Adult and New Adult books. Thanks for checking out my reviews :)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han Review

To All the Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han

This began quite slow for me as it took a while to get into the main story but when it did I couldn't put it down!

Lara Jean's character is so relatable which is probably why I loved the book so much. I liked how the story dealt with family as well as relationships and how after her mom died (not a spoiler) Lara Jean and her older sister, Margot, stepped up and helped their dad take care of their little sisteer instead of going off the rails or acting out like most book characters do. The Josh situation also really showed what a relationship with your sister is like as no matter how much you fight in the end you'll always work it out because you're sisters :)

Now to the good part, the boys!...I loved Josh from the start of course and really wanted her to be with him but then came Peter, he's not really Lara Jean;s type and I didn't really know what to make of him in the beginning but as the story progresses you learn more about him and begin to love him too! Both the guy characters are lovable in their own way while also being completely different from each other which added to the allure of the 'love triangle' without making it a cliche.

I'm really excited to start the next book as we really don't know where the story is going to go from the ending of this, will she pick Peter, Josh or someone else?